Home Staging Tips for A Fast Sale
If you’re planning to put your home on the market this spring or summer, you probably would like to sell it as quickly as possible and get as much money as possible. Most homeowners want that — but not everyone achieves that goal.
We know that staged homes sell faster, and often for more money. Here’s some home staging tips that will help put you on the fast track for a fast sale:
1. Boost curb appeal. This is something you always hear, and with good reason. Many people will drive by a home and based on that will determine whether they want to look inside. Make your home as inviting as possible by:
- Power washing siding and walkways
- Hanging easy-to-read house numbers
- Planting blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Mowing lawn, and reseeding or adding fresh sod as needed
- Mulching flower beds
- Washing front windows
- Repainting or staining the porch floor and front door as needed
- Make your front porch or stoop as inviting as possible with a fresh doormat, potted plants and if you have room, one or two pieces of porch furniture.
2. Get Your House Sparkling Clean. From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. Consider hiring pros to do some of the really tough stuff.
3. Clear Away All Clutter. It’s not easy and you may need to consider utilizing offsite storage temporarily, but this is one of the most important and cost-effective things you can do to prepare your home for market. Clean and clear surfaces, floors, cupboards and closets equal more space in the eyes of potential buyers, so purge anything unnecessary or unsightly.
4. Strike A Balance Between Clean And Lived-In. You’ve just gotten rid of all the “stuff” that’s not visually appealing, but you want to judiciously add elements that will make your home appealing. Think vases of cut flowers, a basket of apples or a bowl of lemons on the counter.