If you’ve been considering selling your home, now may be the time to start planning. Traditionally, spring is the season when many home buyers begin searching for a home and sellers start thinking about putting their home on the market.
1. Taxes – After having their taxes done, many buyers begin thinking of the money they could save on their income taxes if they only owned a home. Both the mortgage interest and property taxes are deductible, making a home purchase a smart financial move, particularly with today’s low interest rates
2. Extra curb appeal — The sun is out, flowers are blooming and homes just look more appealing in the spring.
3. More people at open homes – As the weather warms up, visiting open houses becomes a more pleasant activity and more people come out. Football season is behind us and basketball season hasn’t yet begun so why not check out open houses?
4. Spring cleaning time – After throwing open the windows, de-cluttering and giving everything a once-over, homes are at their best, making it a great time to put them on the market. It’s also a great time for home projects, like painting.
5. A new home for the summer – If you list and sell your home in the spring, you could also buy in the spring or early summer and be moved in time to enjoy summer in your new home.
If you’re considering selling your home, you may be interested in a free Market Snapshot that will show you what’s currently on the market in the neighborhood and what homes have been selling for. Click here to sign up for a Market Snapshot.
If you’re considering buying a home, register for a Home Search on our website.
Thinking of buying and selling and wondering which comes first? It depends on your circumstances. Call us today at 562-896-2456 so we can help with your planning.