Want to Save $ on Property Taxes?

shannonjones Featured Articles Leave a Comment

Do you know someone who is interested in reducing their property taxes? This is the time of year to look into it!

If you own a home in Los Angeles County,  you may have recently received a letter entitled “Notice of Review of 2012 Assessed Value,” telling you whether your home’s assessed value was changed.

If you didn’t receive the letter or aren’t sure of whether the county reviewed your home’s value, you can check the county website at www.assessor.lacounty.gov to see if your home has been considered for a decline-in-value reassessment and if the assessed value was modified.

If not, you can file a Decline-in-Value application (available on the website) between now and November 30, 2012. You’ll need two comparable sales for the application. If you’d like help with those, feel free to call us at 562-896-2456 or email [email protected].

If you disagree with the county’s valuation of your property, you may file an appeal with the Assessment Appeals Board. Forms and further information on that process are available at http://bos.co.la.ca.us/categories/propertytaxappeals.htm.



About the Author
author photo