It’s not too late to make plans for New Year’s Eve. The Downtown Long Beach Alliance is hosting New York New Year’s Eve, a family-friendly celebration at Rainbow Harbor, at the Waterfront Amphitheater, 330 S. Pine Ave. Admission is free for all attendees and viewing space is a first come first serve basis. The night begins at 5 pm with a happy hour bar from 5 pm – 6 pm with beer and wine for sale at $5. There will be arts and crafts tables, photo booths, face painting, and plenty of games for the children. The celebration includes fireworks and a New York Times Ball drop at 9 pm. The waterfront party ends at 10 pm and there is a Roaring 20’s Downtown afterparty at George’s Greek Cafe on Pine. However, this party does require reservations and tickets start at $100.
Here is our shortlist of venues that still availability for New Year’s Eve…
- Fuego in The Hotel Maya has a pre-fixed dinner and later seatings include viewing of the fireworks, champagne toast, and live music. Reservations are required and tickets are $200.
- Celebrate End Of The Decade NYE Party at Portugueses Bend Distillery: featuring a Three-Course Dinner, Live DJ, and Special Midnight Countdown & Midnight Toast. Tickets are required and range between $30 – $75.
- Join Waters Edge Winery for their inaugural New Year’s Eve Party! Includes wine tasting and multiple food stations. Live music and a champagne toast at midnight! Guests enjoy a Waters Edge logo-etched flute glass to take home following the toast. Tickets are required and start at $95.
- Michael’s On Naples will feature a five-course prix-fixe dinner with a champagne toast as the New Year’s countdown begins and live music on the rooftop starting at 7 pm. Reservations are required and the prix-fixe menu starts at $125.
- Parker’s Light House has a three-course prix-fixe menu starting at $75 and their Pacific Coast Supper Club Dining Room, The Queensvciew Streak House, has a prix-fixe dinner starting at $125 and the bar and lounge will have a separate party with an appetizer buffet and starting at $25. All three venues require reservations.
- The Reef, another waterfront venue that has front row seating for the firework display is featuring a buffet dinner, live music and dancing, and a midnight champagne toast. Reservations are required at tickets start at $110.
- Cafe Sevilla has both a New Year’s Eve celebration and a New Year’s Day brunch. They will have a prix-fixe menu starting at 6 pm and a pre-fixe Flamenco Dinner Show at 7 pm. Brunch the next day is from 11 am – 3 pm and includes music spun by their resident DJ. Reservations are required for all dinner events and prices start at $70.
Don’t forget! If you are celebrating New Year’s, Long Beach Transit will offer free rides from 5 pm December 31st to 2:35 am on January 1st.
Happy New Year from the Shannon Jones Team and if you are thinking of making a move in 2020 we are here to help!